A wonderful time at the start of a New Year to set yourself a health challenge and resolution. Starting afresh on your health kick to stay fit, healthy and energetic for the year.
This is easier said than done as we know how easy it is to start off highly motivated and then drop off. So the first resolution for your new healthy YOU is that you will continue for a whole year! You can do it!
The best way to do it is to start with small steps. Typically when people want to change their health habits they want to make massive changes very quickly, and this is highly unsustainable. First of all you already have a set habit and now that you want to change your health habit, it will take at least 6 to 8 weeks to turn it into a habit.
So start small, celebrate milestone, and be kind to yourself if at times you enjoy a huge of that ultra rich chocolate cake. Remember you haven’t stopped your challenge at all, but rather just taken a small detour in your life, then get straight back on your health routine. Everyone is allowed a small treat of their choosing from time to time, this doesn’t mean you should dismiss everything you did for your good health before that.
Here are 7 simple steps to do.
- Reduce all white sugar, all processed foods, tin cans of food, late night eating binges
- Drink moderate amounts of wine or beer.
- Have your main meal at lunch time and a nice small snack in the evening. Of course if you are going out for a special dinner, enjoy!
- Sip 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar (with the mother) and 1/4 tsp of honey in hot water with each meal. This aids digestion.
- Develop a routine around your meals, going to bed earlier, and minimising technology at night
- Buy and prepare the best quality fresh foods, vegetables etc that you can afford. Worth the effort.
- Find activities that make you happy in your life and lifestyle. Take on a hobby that you enjoy. Find good friends that make for pleasant company to share and have fun with. And, finally don’t put pressure on yourself to be perfect, but rather make this change fun, and stick at it for 12 months,.
Now for those of you who need an extra challenge, send me and email when you start to email@example.com and I will check in with your every quarter – that is every 3 months – and look forward to see the changes you are making.
Wish you all the best 2017 and get started on your new Health Kick Challenge & Resolution for 2017.